Sunday

Disrupted Thought Process 1

I've gotten to the C section of folklore (anyone making birth jokes will die). I found some of the stories to be kinda long and overdrawn, but others were pretty damn good. I know I'm going to come across a few dozen stories that are basically the same (with context being the only real difference). Catskin, for instance, is the same as Bearskin. The protagonist had a name in Bearskin, while the protagonist in Catskin was simply named "Catskin".

On to the important matters:

I've gotten a few good ideas for the setting of the story. Some are stolen (to a small degree) while others are actually original. I really want to include giants in some way, so I'll probably give them some backstory.

By the way, when I say "stolen" I don't mean the material is pretty much copy-pasta'd from the stories. It's more like it's taken as inspiration to grow on the original idea. For instance, say I took a look at Snow White. I could very well turn Snow White into the witch and have seven servant dwarves; or dwarves who took her from her home and rape her daily, her only reason to stay alive being revenge. I can go in any direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment